Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Prayer for Peace

Home | Daily Word
WORLD PEACE
My prayer for peace encircles the world.

In Scripture, Jesus tells us to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind," and to "love your neighbor as yourself."

These are the ultimate rules to live by, and I consciously aspire to both. When I love God, I express the Christ in me. When I love my neighbor as myself, I behold the Christ in them. All outer differences fade away. I look beyond appearances and know, that at heart, we are truly one.

We are all children of God. We are all unique expressions of the Divine. When we embrace that truth, we lay the foundation for a world of peace.

All you inhabitants of the world, ... when a signal is raised on the mountains, look! When a trumpet is blown, listen! --Isaiah 18:3

No comments:

Post a Comment