Sunday, September 18, 2011

Daily Word The Joy of Jesus Today

Home | Daily Word: "SPIRITUAL PRACTICE
I am grateful for my spiritual practice.
My spiritual practice is a journey, not a destination. Sometimes I put pressure on myself to be the perfect expression of God. I imagine I must meditate in a specific manner, pray in a certain way, or connect with Spirit using one technique or another. I tell myself I must be a perfect spiritual student and role model at all times.

No wonder I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders! When I pause in the silence, I realize this is a spiritual practice and I am a work in progress. Each day I set the intention to be my personal best and then I take authentic action. If I misstep, I simply forgive myself and begin again. I practice being an expression of God in my own, unique, perfectly imperfect way.

Put these things into practice, devote yourself to them, so that all may see your progress.--1 Timothy 4:15"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Holy Week? - 8 Days of Easter Explained

What Is Holy Week? - 8 Days of Easter Explained