Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Power of The Joy of Jesus Today


Scripture: Pressing on Toward the Goal
12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus

Sermon: The Goal

We are facing a world where everything we know may be in complete question. Nature has demonstrated that anything can happen at anytime that we have no control over, no matter what we may think we know. Where ca we find peace? Moreover, what is our goal and why?

The day of the cross can give us some insight into the meaning of life. When Jesus gave His life on the cross for the sins of the world, there are reports of earthquakes and floods. Today we see that there are signs from nature that are indeed alarming. Is there an answer to the forces of nature?

During Te course of a horrible storm, Jesus said the words peace be still.

We must handle the storms in life. However, we must stay close to Jesus. God has given you and I the blue print to manage our the rigors of life. God raised Jesus from the grave to endure all sin and problems addressed at the cross.

Glory to God with all and the highest praise in Christ Jesus. Lord we love you so much today. We pray that God will keep us by his power through Christ Jesus and The Holy Spirit if God. Just hold on to our Faith. This is the goal in The Joy of Jesus.

Prayer: O'Lord my God, how Great Thou Art in Christ Jesus and The Holy Spirit. We pray for all people. God Bless The Joy of Jesus Church and our people in Christ Jesus. A-men...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is Time to Stand Strong for The Lord