Thursday, January 2, 2014

Letting Go - Thursday, January 02, 2014 | Daily Word

Letting Go - Thursday, January 02, 2014 | Daily Word
Letting Go

AS I LET GO AND TRUST GOD,I AM CALM AND SECURE.
As a child, I may have clutched a favorite blanket or toy for a sense of security. I may have feared that letting it go would change my world. As I grew and matured, I learned to lay down those props, realizing I didn’t need them to live with confidence.
Today I ask myself: Am I attached to something that needs to be released? A belief or habit, person or place? As I remember my resistance to giving up my childhood attachments, I ask: Is there something I need to let go of now?
I release any unhealthy dependence on people, places, or things. I am ready to let them go and allow myself to grow. I open my life to new opportunities. Guided by the spirit of God in me, I am whole, safe, and confident.

Let your steadfast love and your faithfulness keep me safe forever.—Psalm 40:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Holy Week? - 8 Days of Easter Explained

What Is Holy Week? - 8 Days of Easter Explained