Thursday, October 10, 2013

Comfort - Thursday, October 10, 2013 | Daily Word

Comfort - Thursday, October 10, 2013 | Daily Word
Comfort
I ACCEPT THE COMFORT AND STRENGTH OF GOD.
A hug from a friend or a call from a loved one reminds me I am not alone. Yet God’s comforting, strengthening presence is with me always, even when friends are not present. Whatever struggle I may be facing, I am blessed to know that I am never separate from the presence and comfort of my Creator.
In prayer, I look past any present struggle to the reality of God’s presence. I do not pretend that the unhappy or unwanted condition is not there. Rather, I lift my thoughts above the condition to think only of God. I invite God’s power into my experience.
This prayerful practice places me in full awareness of God’s comforting, strengthening presence. I am strong and capable, for I am filled with God.

Guard me as the apple of the eye.—Psalm 17:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Holy Week? - 8 Days of Easter Explained

What Is Holy Week? - 8 Days of Easter Explained