Sunday, December 25, 2011

Home | Daily Word

Home | Daily Word

CHRISTMAS DAY
As I open my heart to love, Christ is born in me.

Long ago, three wise men following a star were led to a place in Bethlehem. There they found the baby Jesus and were filled with joy. Reverently they offered their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

People the world over exchange gifts on Christmas, but the greatest gift doesn't come wrapped in a package. Better than precious metals and fragrant spices is the unconditional love of God. This is the gift that Jesus Christ lived and taught. Love is the gift that brings life to both giver and receiver.

I open my heart to love this day and the Christ Spirit is born in me. I celebrate Christmas by humbly giving and gratefully receiving the peace and love of God.

When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy. On entering the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother; and they knelt down and paid him homage.--Matthew 2:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment