Monday, August 29, 2011

John 8:1-20 "Jesus went unto the mount of Olives...." KJV - Online Bible Study

John 8:1-20 "Jesus went unto the mount of Olives...." KJV - Online Bible StudyJesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down , and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery , in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned : but what sayest thou? 6 This they said , tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself , and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself , and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said , No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go , and sin no more. 12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying , I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came , and whither I go ; but ye cannot tell whence I come , and whither I go . 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16 And yet if I judge , my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. 19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered , Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me , ye should have known my Father also. 20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come .

No comments:

Post a Comment