Sunday, August 21, 2011

Daily Word

Home | Daily Word: GRATITUDE
With a heart full of gratitude, I sing a song of praise.
Music is a universal language that, even without words, can calm us or lift our spirits. A venerable hymn reminds me to count my blessings and name them one by one. When troubles loom, I put a song on my lips and count the blessings in my life. I soon remember that problems have no power to weaken my faith in God, and I am thankful for divine solutions.

When my heart is full of gratitude, I feel songs of praise and thanksgiving bubble up within me. In high spirits, I joyfully hum, drum, whistle or sing a tune to express my appreciation. Whatever form my expression takes, I make a joyful noise to the Lord and invite all who hear to join in singing praises.

Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be known in all the earth. --Isaiah 12:5

No comments:

Post a Comment