Sunday, May 1, 2011

Psalms 91. The Holy Bible: King James Version.

Psalms 91. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
Abiding in the Shadow of the Almighty
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High

shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD,

He is my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler,

and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers,

and under his wings shalt thou trust:
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night;

nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness;

nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side,

and ten thousand at thy right hand;
but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold

and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge,

even the Most High, thy habitation;
10 there shall no evil befall thee,

neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, Mt. 4.6 · Lk. 4.10

to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands,

lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Mt. 4.6 · Lk. 4.11
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:

the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Lk. 10.19
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him:

I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him:

I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him, and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him,

and show him my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment