Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Joy of Jesus is Our Salvation

Habakkuk 3:17 &18 - "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall no herd be in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." (KJV)
My favorite character in the Bible is Job. A lot of people talk about the "patience of Job", and yet there was more than just patience at risk. One after another, messengers brought news, "While he was still speaking....". And yet, after losing his herds, his home, his servants, and finally his family, he still praised God.

Satan's one desire is to break us Christians, troubles and trials are always coming our way! It seems that sometimes the more we follow God's plan for our lives, the harder things get.

And yet, God is the God of circumstances, too. No matter how bleak it seems, He is in control.

How we face the trials and troubles that come our way determine whether we win or lose the battle. The war is already won, but the battles are ours.

It's easier to face today when we know that God has promised us tomorrow. Isaiah 64:4 says, "For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither eye seen, O God, beside Thee, what He hath prapared for him that waiteth for Him."

Fight on, Oh Christian, remember that our God reigns, He has already determined the outcome. Hold fast, O Warrior, keep your eye on tomorrow, and Praise the Lord.

It's Not an Easy Road
by John W. Peterson
It's not an easy road we are traveling to heaven, For many are the thorns on the way
It's not an easy road, but the Savior is with us His presence gives us joy every day.

It's not an easy road - there are trials and troubles And many are the dangers we meet
But Jesus guards and keeps so that nothing can harm us We'll rest in peace over there.

Tho I am often footsore and weary from travel, Tho I am often bowed down with care
A better day is coming when home in the glory We'll rest in peace over there.

No, no, it's not an easy road. No, no, it's not an easy road;
But Jesus walks beside me and brightens the journey, And lightens every heavy load

My dear Lord, sometimes it seems as if I can't keep going under the pressures of the world. Lord, sometimes it seems as if my shoulder are bowed with loads that are put there by the Destroyer. Help me to remember, Father, that although You allowed the devil to throw his worst my way, Lord, help me to remember that You are in control, that no matter what happens, YOU have already won. Help me to keep my eye on the Cross, hold my head up, and press on. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your grace. Thank You for fighting the battles before me and for me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment