Thursday, July 29, 2010

We Trust in God when Times are Hard

New International Version (©1984)
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

International Standard Version (©2008)
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
"Don't be troubled. Believe in God, and believe in me.

King James Bible
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

American King James Version
Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me.

American Standard Version
Let not your heart be troubled: believe in God, believe also in me.

Bible in Basic English
Let not your heart be troubled: have faith in God and have faith in me.

Douay-Rheims Bible
LET not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me.

Darby Bible Translation
Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe on God, believe also on me.

English Revised Version
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Webster's Bible Translation
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Weymouth New Testament
"Let not your hearts be troubled. Trust in God: trust in me also.

World English Bible
"Don't let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me.

Young's Literal Translation
'Let not your heart be troubled, believe in God, also in me believe;
Geneva Study Bible

Let {1} not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

(1) He believes in God who believes in Christ, and there is no other way to strengthen and encourage our minds during the greatest distresses.

People's New Testament

14:1 Jesus Comforts His Disciples

SUMMARY OF JOHN 14:

Belief as a Solace of Troubled Hearts. The House of Many Mansions. Christ the Way. Christ the Manifestation of the Father. Asking in Christ's Name. How to Find the Father. The Test of Love. The Benediction of Peace.

Let not your heart be troubled. Just before him was Gethsemane, the denial, the mock trial, the scouring and the cross; but with these in full view, such are the wonders of his love that he does not think of himself. He does not ask comfort, but he gives it. His heart is full of the sorrow of his disciples over his departure.

Believe also in me. They had believed in him, but they were so confused over the prospect of his death and departure, they stumbled. He bids them to believe in him as they believed in God; to trust him even if they did not comprehend; to walk by faith rather than by sight through the darkness of that hour. To understand these words, the confusion, sorrow and despair of his disciples over his death must not be forgotten.

Wesley's Notes

14:1 Let not your heart be troubled - At my departure. Believe - This is the sum of all his discourse, which is urged till they did believe, Joh 16:30. And then our Lord prays and departs.

Prayer: Dear God in heaven, we trust in Thee and The Lord Jesus Christ. We Thank God for all blessings in Christ Jesus. We praise God of His Grace and Love. We pray for all people in need. Glory to God and Christ Jesus the Son and The Holy Spirit.
A-men

Give to The Joy of Jesus, in His name we pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment