Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Joy of Jesus is to Wait on The Lord


Wait on the LORD

Wait on the Lord. This idea consists of three things:
1. We are to WAIT
2. He is LORD
3. He forms, builds, causes, works, does, teaches, leads.

Psalms 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

(Those who do not wait are transgressing without cause. We run out of patience, and therefore lose trust in Him. Anything that is not of faith is sin.)


Psalms 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

(Our waiting starts when we arise and ends when we go to sleep. We are waiting to be lead and taught. Instruction means correction. When we encounter attributes in others that we do not like, it is to show us what we are like. Not waiting results in not seeing.)


Psalms 25:21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

(Integrity is a "united heart," a heart with one Lord.)


Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

(Wherever we are in the process of our salvation, waiting is our task. He will not fail to teach us.)


Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

If ones we know seem to prosper in their own way, do not be concerned. The end of each matter takes time. The fool is "prosperous." Prosperity does not refer merely to money, but to "happiness," an elusive thing which is lost when sought. We do not "try Jesus" to be happy. Jesus is our Lord, not our hobby. He changes us radically. Radical change does not make one "happy." Radical change causes you to reject YOUR OWN WAY.

We must cease performing and start RESTING. Resting and waiting go together. If we are not resting, we can not wait. The Lord provided a remedy for the sins of man BEFORE he created man. This should make us to rest in Him. He provides before the need exists.


Psalms 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

Psalms 37:34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

Psalms 52:9 I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.

Psalms 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

Psalms 69:3 I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

Psalms 104:27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.

Psalms 106:13 They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel:

Psalms 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

Psalms 130:6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

Proverbs 20:22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.

Isaiah 8:17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Isaiah 26:8 Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.

Isaiah 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

Isaiah 33:2 O LORD, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 59:9 Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness.

Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

Jeremiah 14:22 Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause rain? or can the heavens give showers? art not thou he, O LORD our God? therefore we will wait upon thee: for thou hast made all these things.

Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Lamentations 3:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Hosea 12:6 Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.

Micah 7:7 Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.

Zephaniah 3:8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

Zechariah 11:11 And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the LORD.

Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Romans 12:7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

2 Thessalonians 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Those that are busy never truly KNOW God.



By the way, the LORD picked this very chapter to say BE STILL and KNOW that HE is GOD.

In the King James Bible, the 46th word from the top of chapter 46 is shake and the 46th word from the bottom of the 46th chapter is spear . Now in 1611, Shakespeare was 46 years old.

He truly IS God and therefore we ought to wait on Him.


How is a Man Saved?




Jesus-is-the-Way John 14:6

"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment