Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sripture for Life: Rev. Dr. James A. Lee



THE PSALMS

Chapter 27

Psalms 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?"
When the Lord is your light and salvation, you do not need to fear anyone. The Lord is the strength and power for my eternal life, so why would I be afraid of anyone or any thing. If YHVH Father is my assurance and the strength of my life, I have nothing to fear. We are speaking of your soul, for only God can end the life of your soul; for it is not man's to take or to give.

Psalms 27:2 "When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, They stumbled and fell."

God's truth and His Word can stand the test of time, and just as God's Word can past the test, so also can you, when your light and salvation is in the Lord. Again, it doesn't matter what foe is around you and the numbers against you are so overwhelming, God is your salvation, and He can protect you as you stand firm as a child of the Living God. God is giving you assurance that He loves you that much that He will protect you. You simply do not have to be afraid of anything, including the devil, as long as you use good judgment and common sense.

Psalms 27:3 "Though an host should encamp against me, My heart shall not fear: Though war should arise against me, In this will I be confident."

Though an entire army should surround you, I will not fear. When they come against you with all that they have, be confident that the strength of the Lord will put them down. No matter where you are or what your enemy is, God is there to protect you. Satan is sending his entire army of evil spirits against God's elect in this generation, Yet God will provide the protection we need, when we have armor of the Lord on and in place. That armor is give to us in Ephesians 6:10-20. When you open your mouth to take a stand and do the work of the Lord, then that army of Satan will arise against you. They will attack you, even through the mouths of the ones you love, but with this confidence you can stand because our God loves you.

Psalms 27:4 "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple."

Praise God for this promise that he is giving directly to you and me when we seek after the ways of the Lord. We will see His beauty when we seek the Lord in His temple. Where is His temple? In Christ! Jesus said; "I am the way the truth and the Life, no man cometh to the Father but by Me".

Psalms 27:5 "For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: In the secret of His tabernacle shall He hid me; He shall set me up upon a rock."

So when is this time of trouble? It comes in the end times, the final generation. That secret place where Father shall hide me, is upon a rock. That "pavilion" is a secret dwelling place; that place will be know to you because have eyes to see and ears to hear the truth, but to all others that are not in Christ and in the truths of His Word, they will not know where that place is. They are blinded to it. That Rock spoken of here is God our heavenly Father himself. He will give you all the protection that you need. In fact you are not to even premeditate how that protection will come, for in Mark 13:11 we are told that His Spirit will even give you the words that you are to speak in that hour. It will not be you that speaks, but the Holy Spirit speaking through you.

Psalms 27:6 "And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: Therefore will I offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord."

It just doesn't matter how many enemies there are, my head will be lifted up above all of them. When you look around you at all the things that are going on in the world today, don't be sad for everything you see is part of God's prophecy, He told you it would happen and now you see coming to pass. That is the time to sing His praises for Our God keeps his Word, and if you can see those things coming to pass, you know He has the power and will to protect you from all your enemies. Now don't forget to sing those praises to the Lord every day for He has given you the eyes to see and ears to hear those truths prophesied within His holy Word.

Psalms 27:7 "Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: Have mercy also upon me, and answer me."

Prayer: Eternal God of our salvation,We pray for Peace, Hope and Love all in Christ Jesus. We pray for all people. Thank You Jesus for Your Love and Grace in Your name, A-men.

No comments:

Post a Comment