Monday, August 31, 2009

Daily Devotion

The Psalms
30

Thanksgiving for Deliverance from Death
A Psalm and Song at the dedication of the house of David.


1 I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up,
and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.


2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee,
and thou hast healed me.


3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave:
thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.


4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his,
and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.


5 For his anger endureth but a moment;
in his favor is life:
weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning.


6 And in my prosperity I said,
I shall never be moved.


7 LORD, by thy favor thou hast made my mountain to stand strong:
thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.


8 I cried to thee, O LORD;
and unto the LORD I made supplication.


9 What profit is there in my blood,
when I go down to the pit?
Shall the dust praise thee?
Shall it declare thy truth?


10 Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me:
LORD, be thou my helper.


11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing:
thou hast put off my sackcloth,
and girded me with gladness;


12 to the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.




Published by The American Bible Society

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is Time to Stand Strong for The Lord